cruise caribbean book vacation today cruise alaska book vacation today curise europe book vacation today

Your Best Vacation Value,
Choice and Service!
Cruise Vacations

Viking River Cruises
Viking Ocean Cruises
Ama Waterways
Singles Cruises
HOT Deals

Air - Tours - Resorts
Land Tour Packages
Funjet Vacations
Apple Vacations
United Vacations
Resorts - All Inclusive
Theme Parks
Viator Excursion
Travel Info
Contact AREA Vacations
Already Booked?
Ship/Destination Webcams
News and Hot Links
Cruise Nights
AREA Vacations Blog
AV Policies
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. Why should I use a travel agent?
  2. What is an all-inclusive vacation?
  3. Is a cruise vacation all-inclusive?
  4. Will I need a passport?
  5. Will I need a visa?
  6. Will I need a visa if I remain on the ship in a foreign port?
  7. What about seasickness on a cruise?
  8. Do I need a new passport photo if I recently dyed my hair or grew a beard?
  9. Why is the water blue?

Have a travel question? Send to travel@area-vacations.com

Answers to your travel questions
1.  Why should I use a travel agent?

You now have a huge amount of resources at your finger tips and you may wonder 'Do I need to use a travel agent?'. In a recent article CNN (June 12, 2009) stated "Navigating the deals and best steals can be overwhelming, which is why turning to a travel agent for help can make a difference. A travel agent, for example, can sift through all the options, often secure different packages and can help prospective travelers figure out what destination is best for them."
Agents are professionals who can offer expert travel advice based upon extensive training and personal experience for often no additional cost to you. back to top

2.  What is an all-inclusive vacation?

Various vacation packages can include all travel, meal, and refreshment expenses. There is quite a difference in the resort styles and what is included in each package. back to top

3.  Is a cruise vacation all-inclusive?

Cruising is an excellent vacation value. The typical cruise will include your room; meals; coffee, teas, and fountain juice drinks (soda and liquor are extra), daily and nightly entertainment; all while visiting beautiful ports. back to top

4.  Will I need a passport?

Passports are required for all U.S. citizens traveling abroad. Although, on some cruises which are 'closed loop' sailings (those when you are leaving and returning to the same port), a passport is not always required. Travel experts recommend that you ALWAYS have a passport when traveling out of the country. If you are in a foreign country and for some reason cannot return on the ship, you will need a valid passport.
The US Department of State website can handle all of your passport questions. back to top

5.  Will I need a visa?

U.S. citizens do not need a U.S. visa for travel, but when traveling abroad may need a visa issued by the embassy of the country they wish to visit. Each country and destination is unique and documentation requirements change from time to time without prior notice. Passengers should become familiar with the documentation requirements of the country(ies) they plan to visit by checking with the consulate of each country, or a visa service to verify current regulations. It is the passenger's responsibility to have proper travel documentation. You should reconfirm visa requirements with the consulate 14-30 days prior to the cruise.
Many cruise lines will require this documentation upon boarding. To learn more about individual visa requirements by country, see the Country Specific Travel Information on the US Department of State website. You should check with the specific cruise line or your travel agent as well. back to top

6.  Will I need a visa if I remain on the ship in a foreign port?

Yes. Even if you never leave the cruise ship while in a foreign port you may need a visa. It is important for travelers to become familiar with the documentation requirements by checking with the consulate of each country they will visit during their vacation as well as the policies of the cruise line. back to top

7.  What about seasickness on a cruise?

Seasickness is a form of motion sickness where someone may experience nausea and/or dizziness. It can affect anyone - even astronauts have had to deal with it. Whatever form of travel you are taking there are ways to minimize the effects. Most modern cruise ships have enhanced stabilizers, which can eliminate much of the motion. The size and age of the ship as well as your cabin selection can all help reduce your chances. A travel agent can assist you with information and reservations to minimize risk.
You could obtain prescription strength medicine but many over the counter products work just as well. There are varieties of products - herbal remedies with ginger, wristbands, small patches worn behind the ear, of course Dramamine, and other methods. For the most part, there is more the fear of getting sick then actual occurrence. Don't miss out on a wonderful experience because of something that might never happen. back to top

8.  Do I need a new passport photo if I recently dyed my hair or grew a beard?

New photos are only required if your appearance has significantly changed from what is in your photo. Growing a beard or coloring your hair would not constitute a significant change. If you can still be identified from the photo in your current passport or visa application, you do not need to apply for a new passport or submit a new photo for your visa application. For more information on this subject please see this link on the US State Department webisite. back to top

9.  Why is the water blue?

Okay - we give up. We do not know everything. back to top


- All Rights Reserved.
AREA Vacations - Telephone 888-883-9720
Travel Partners